About this notice
Last updated: 18/04/2019
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and its subdomains, subdomain.happypeople.co.uk (“Our Site”), and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
In this policy 'PES', ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ means Premier Employer Solutions Limited, company number 4316451, registered office Unit 1 Pinkers Court, Briarlands Office Park, Rudgeway, Bristol, BS35 1PJ. Our Site is owned and operated by PES.
We are contracted by your employer to administer some or all of your employee benefits scheme on their behalf. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws PES are a “Data Processor” under contract by your employer the “Data Controller”.
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone on 01454 808658, or by post at Unit 1 Pinkers Court, Briarlands Office Park, Rudgeway, Bristol, BS35 1PJ. UK.
What does this policy cover ?
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What data do we collect ?
This site contains personal data provided to us by your employer so that we can operate your employee benefits scheme. This data may include some or all of the following personal data dependent on the service your employer has chosen:
- Payroll number
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Employment status
- NI number
- Job title
- Home address
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may also collect some or all of the following personal data from you to provide employee benefits that you have requested:
- Family member details (name, date of birth, gender)
- Childcare provider details (name, email address, bank account details)
We may also collect the following personal data to monitor performance of our site
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
How do we use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. More details on security are provided below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, which is performance of a contract (e.g. provision of employee benefits to you). Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Setting up and administering changes to employee benefits requested by you or provided to you by your employer.
- Notifying payroll deductions to your employer for benefits that you have selected.
- Emailing employee communications to you about your employer’s employee benefits scheme including what benefits are available to you, offers, employee benefit news.
- Providing you with a childcare voucher account and making payments on your behalf to your childcare providers.
- Replying to enquiries from you.
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering anonymous feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
You have the right to object to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it. This request should be made to your employers HR department or relevant data protection contact as they are the Data Ccontroller for your personal data and we can only act on instruction from them. Please be aware that by objecting you will not be able to access your employer’s employee benefit scheme online and take advantage of the benefits available to you.
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of employee communications from Us at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our emails. Please note opt out will not affect informational emails sent out by the employee benefits platform which provide information about actions you take in the system, transactions you enter into, and your account information.
How long and where do we store your data ?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Your Data will therefore be retained for the following periods:
- Your personal details and benefit selections will be retained until 2 years after you leave the employment of your company. This is to allow us to service benefit scheme year end and financial year end reporting requests from your employer. Please note processing of your personal data will stop one month after your leave date.
- Your data is stored on PES company servers in their offices in Rudgeway, UK and in the data centre operating the employee benefits platform located in York, UK.
- Our email marketing data processor Mailchimp is located in the USA. Your first name, last name and email address is stored in their service. Mailchimp are EU-US Privacy Shield certified. To find out more about their security visit https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
- Where We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR e.g. by ensuring our data processors have adequate data protection mechanisms in place such as EU-US Privacy Shield, Binding Corporate Rules, Standard contractual clauses.
- You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Your personal data is only accessible to PES employees, contractors, agency staff that need to access it to do their jobs. All PES staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement.
- PES is IASME Gold Certified. More details about IASME Certification can be found here: https://www.iasme.co.uk/audited-iasme-governance/
- The employee benefits platform uses an SSL certificate to ensure a secure connection when users login and data is uploaded.
- Initial access to the employee benefits platform for Employees is by invitation in the welcome email. The Employee must set a strong password and enter their date of birth to be able to activate their account. The link in the welcome email is only active for 30 days and can only be used once.
- All user passwords must be strong and must be a minimum of 8 characters, include at least 1 uppercase, lower case, number and special character. Keyboard sequences, restricted words and three character sequences are also prohibited.
- Failed login attempts are limited to 3 before CAPTCHA is used, the user has another 3 attempts with CAPTCHA, if the sixth attempt fails user access is restricted temporarily for 15 mins.
- All user sessions (both employee or administrators) timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity. PES employ development methods that seek to minimise the threat from cross site scripting and sql injection.
- There is a robust permissons model to prevent unauthorised access to personal data from different clients.
- Penetration tests of the employee benefits platform are conducted by external company each year.
- Vulnerability tests are conducted on PES’ company network at six-month intervals.
- Data is backed up daily and a copy stored off site. All backup data is stored in the UK. Please see “How long and Where Do We Store Your Data?” for more information.
We carrying out security vetting of our benefit providers and sub processors to ensure that your personal data is handled in line with GDPR.
What happens if our business changes hands ?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How can you control your data ?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out above, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for employee communications purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
Your right to withhold information
To use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data e.g. family details, childcare provider details. Withholding this information will mean that you are unable to make certain benefit choices or are unable to make payments to your childcare providers.
How can you access your data ?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us. We will forward your request to your HR department to request permission to provide the information to you (We need to do this as your employer is the data controller and we can only act on their instruction). We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge and within 30 days. You can contact us using the contact details below.
How can you correct your data ?
You have a right to request that your personal data is updated if it is incorrect. All of the personal data we hold about you is provided by your employer and sent to us on a regular basis. If information we hold about you is incorrect please contact your HR department to get the data corrected. This will mean that we are provided with your updated data on the next data load.
If information about your family members is incorrect you can update this in the My Profile section of Our Site or by contacting the helpdesk on 01454 808 658 or email@example.com.
If information about your childcare providers is incorrect you can update this via the My childcare vouchers tab and scrolling to the providers section or by contacting the helpdesk on 01454 808 658 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
by email at email@example.com
by telephone on 01454 808658, or
by post at Unit 1 Pinkers Court, Briarlands Office Park, Rudgeway, Bristol, BS35 1PJ. UK.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.